RTS rear play

stu76

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I took my RTS out for it's first proper off road ride up Rivington Pike (lancashire) last week. It performed really well which was a relief after spending so much time and effort building it!

Anyway, during the ride I noticed slight sideways play in the rear triangle when I pedalled hard and some clunking when jumping.

I'm assuming this is worn bushings?? If so what do I need to replace and where from? As I see it there are the bearings in the rocker, and the eyelet type fitting on the end of the shock, anything else?

Cheers, Stu

Not the stiffest of back ends around any hoo. The clunking may be coming from the shock. Is it the NR piggyback one? May need more pressure in the resevoir as low pressure can cause a clunking sound.

check the tightness of the bolts for the rear, if slight loose, then theyll create play, just by rocking the bike gently

Thanks everyone.

I've tightened everything up and there doesn't seem to be any play, riding up and down the street anyway. I'll give it a proper test next time I'm out offroad.

I've also swapped the original shock for my spare piggyback version and the clunking has stopped, so I guess you were right RC300.

Cheers Stu

stu76":20rglqnr said:
Thanks everyone.

I've tightened everything up and there doesn't seem to be any play, riding up and down the street anyway. I'll give it a proper test next time I'm out offroad.

I've also swapped the original shock for my spare piggyback version and the clunking has stopped, so I guess you were right RC300.

Cheers Stu

"Activate smug mode"

Attachments

• Smug (Large).jpg
    Smug (Large).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,046
I'm having a bit trouble with my '94 RTS regarding bushing play and was wondering if anyone knows where I could source a new lower shock eyelet bushing? I've searched the archives here, BETD and online and the only place I've found is here -

http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?main ... ts_id=1448

but I'm not sure if this is the right part. Any advice and help would be appreciated.

Back