Pace Suspension Fork Timeline

Inigo Montoya

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
catalogue tells me there was a RC-35 in 1992. but which other models did pace produce in which years?
any participation highly appreciated!

One for Tim me thinks, I would also love to know.

Currently have:
Pace RC35 AB (magura mounts)
Pace RC35 AB (Canti)
Pace RC35
Pace RC36 evo
Pace RC36 Proclass
Pace RC36 Proclass (ferrari ltd edition)
Pace RC36 Proclass 2
Pace RC36 Stealth
Pace RC38 Airforce
Pace RC150 Monster

The RC36 Evo's onwards do not have a canti guide on the bridge so assume they are 97 (?) onwards. Proclass I believe came in a year later.

Pace forks

I had a pair of 1993 RC35K,steel tubular brace and the first atmosphere balanced forks,and the first with a layer of Kevlar.Bought these in the summer of 1993 from Madgetts cycles in Diss,Norfolk.
Next year was the same fork,but with the machined alloy brace.Had a set of those too,and now run a set on my RC200.

I'm working on a big project doing exactly this...my list is already big and getting bigger each day.

The end game will be a website with hi-res pix and all the forks in chronological order :D

Neill

neilll":1x4zrlfn said:
I'm working on a big project doing exactly this...my list is already big and getting bigger each day.

The end game will be a website with hi-res pix and all the forks in chronological order :D

Neill

Hi could I suggest you talk to Rich who runs http://retro-pace-mtb.wetpaint.com/page ... kes?t=anon

He is also looking to run such a project & I would love to assist ( I am a writer on there- initially for the build of the RC500 but would love to help on a forks section too.)

As you can see I can also supply product for photos for a fairly large chunck of the pre hollowform fork range.

Yep, sorry folks[specially Rich and Neill] I have been dragging my heels on this.
Try this for starters.
92 RC30/RC35
93 RC30/RC35 RC Series
94 RC30/RC35 XCS
95 RC30/RC35 MXC/RC35 MXCD
96 RC35 MXC/RC35 MXCD/RC35MD
97 RC36/RC36 Pro Class/RC30/RC150
98 RC36Evo/RC36Evo ProClass/RC36 Irvine Pro/RC150/RC30/RC30T
99 RC36 Pro Class/RC36 Evo2/RC37/RC38 Airforce/RC150
00 RC36 Evo3/RC38 Airforce2/RC31
01 RC36 Pro Class 2/RC31

JeRkY":3davvep0 said:
Be nice to have tech/feature changes listed.

There's LOADS of work to be done here....my list starts a bit earlier than the above too and I already have lots of questions to get answered :LOL:

My earliest forks would be my RC30's but I also have a set of the upgrade legs to turn them into RC35 AB's (I have a bit of documentation for these too if its of use)

Back