Freehub Help

Moqi

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've got an old pair of Bontrager Corvair wheels. They are in really good condition except for the rear Freehub that's playing up - its really rough, and appears to be pretty worn - lots of play.

After struggling to get it off I now find it impossible to find a replacement. LBSs no help and Bontrager don't reply to emails

Any ideas - heres a picture - had to undo with 12mm allen key and a very long bar. Thread seems to be 22-23mm in diameter and 15mm deep. 9 speed.

Attachments

• hub.jpg
    hub.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 473
Now be aware this isn't going to be much help.....

I've had a couple of sets of Vuelta Airline wheels for a few years, one with hill tyres and one with slick tyres. Rear hub on one went rough last year so I took it to LBS for replacement - answer was that as it wasn't shimano/hope or anything current, then best they could do was strip and grease it etc. Cost me a tenner but its been ok so far.

However, I'll probably replace wheels only with Shimano compatible hubs in future, much tho' I'd prefer a cost effective option :roll:

Plenty shimano/mavic combos here or on the bloomin' Bay ;)

Try Ison distribution they have had a few in the past also some specialized hubs use a similar one

I know that Trek still have a few of the old Rolf freehub bodies left that look the same as those. The other manufacturer to do some similar to those is SRAM (used to be Sachs). Can't guarantee that they'll be the right ones but you can try.

Back