Clockwork... Orange/White fade Q

OrangeRetro

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just a quick question..

On an original orange/white fade painted Clockwork circa 1992, is the white pearlescent/metallic or just plain old white?

I know that some Prestiges had pearlescent white paint and my 1999 Clockwork has pearlescent white on it. I'm just not sure if the early Clockworks did.

Thanks in advance..

:D

my clockwork now (respray done by argos not sure when?) is white pearlescent/metallic and even if it is not period correct, is a bit nicer IMHO, just looks a bit more bling- but is that a good thing :?

clockworkgazz":1srpft8l said:
my clockwork now (respray done by argos not sure when?) is white pearlescent/metallic and even if it is not period correct, is a bit nicer IMHO, just looks a bit more bling- but is that a good thing :?

Really i never noticed that , :shock: , that maybe an idea for the mini Clockwork :D

Still think I want to match your paint job JH, it looked great and why mess with a winning formula?- stripping the paint is a feckin pain in the ass, see if the little fecker drops the bike (is there a child out there that carefully leans there bike against the wall? :evil: ) and fubars the paint job I'll go radio rental :LOL: :LOL:

see you the morra :cool:

The pearlescent white on my 99 clockwork really looks good, it enhances the fade transition as the the orange fade has a slight 'sparkle' underneath it. I think it is the route I want to take, although I would prefer to keep the frame as original as possible. I may drop Orange a line.

My 92 Clockwork was recently powdercoated - have a look in the orange thread.
The original paintwork Fluorescent Orange and Pearlescent white. The Orange had faded significantly over the years, but the Pearlescent white was still obvious. Orange Bikes were unable to accurately tell me what the colour codes of these frames were, as they were sprayed in Taiwan.
I had my frame powdercoated RAL2008 Fluorescent Orange with Pearlescent White wet painted over the top, then sealed in goodness knows how many coats of lacquer and 92 model year decals from Gil_M.

Bit long winded, but hope this answers your query.

Cheers,

Roger

Attachments

• Front Triangle Decals.JPG
    Front Triangle Decals.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 690
Back