legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Whats with all the single speeds?

Enough! no more bloody single speed projects!

Enough! no more bloody empty gear hangers!

Enough! no more bloody badly mounted front chainrings!

Enough! no more bloody chain tensioners!

Enough! no more turning a perfectly decent retrobike into, like, yar, single speed y'know, its sssoooo the way to goooo like, yar?

Yes! my next bloody project is a single speed

Yes! I'm gonna angle grind that frame!

Yes! I'm gonna watch out for my thumb...

Yes! I'm gonna grind off the gear hanger! MY frame has slidey drop-outs, like, yar, its the ooooonly way to go, like.... yar?

:D :D :D

from the list below - guess which frame will be sacrificed....

re

MY singlespeed Rockhooper is cool the gear were xxxxxx so I made it into singlespeed she is ssssssssssooooooooooooo ccccccccccooooooooool

Why go through all the bother of converting to SS. Just pick a gear & bl••dy well stick to it - if you can't control your body enough to resist the temptations of the thumbshifters then you probably shouldn't be out unsupervised. ;)

TSC.

re

haha I like the idea no gears well one silent running oh and its like when I used to ride a bike off road at 48 in the good old days my bike would go anywhere

Pur the grinder down and step away from the Merckx.

Single Speed on the road? Wuss! Fixed is what you want.

Offroad? Still don't get it. Do Land Rover et al offer a single speed off roader?

I'd be well impressed if it was the Pashley Picador :D

In the world of MTB's you cant get more Retro than SS unless you add drum brakes...........now theres an idea :cool:

velomaniac":36pd1bif said:
I'd be well impressed if it was the Pashley Picador :D

In the world of MTB's you cant get more Retro than SS unless you add drum brakes...........now theres an idea :cool:

You Sir are scarily close to the project

Hub brakes

Folding frame....

Back