Help finding an advert for SRP bolts

Benandemu

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've bought some from a guy on here and I can't for the life of me, find the advert in the for sale section. I have had to clear out some of my messages, as the inbox and sent boxes were full, and I've deleted all his details!
I am certain that the seller had plenty of crank, bottle cage and mech bolts left in about 5 different colours as well.

Anybody shed any light please?

(I snapped a crank bolt last night and need replacement quick, as the temporary steel one is really making me slow!!)

How did you snap the srp crank bolt? Riding or tightening? I've got some as well and don't want the same to happen! :cry:

tiboltrider123":2sw60n08 said:
How did you snap the srp crank bolt? Riding or tightening? I've got some as well and don't want the same to happen! :cry:

I think your meant to fit the arms with steel bolts first, torque them, take them of and fit the alloy ones.

kaiser":21lf2rfs said:
tiboltrider123":21lf2rfs said:

I think your meant to fit the arms with steel bolts first, torque them, take them of and fit the alloy ones.

Yep, that's what I've done. So let's hope it's not from riding!

As per the last decade and a half, I use steel first and then the Aluminium one after, but it just snapped on mild stress. Aluminium is a funny thing with no real measureable stress limit as every bolt is different, and has a different fatigue limit. They only live for so long I guess, as I remove and replace cranks every 6 months or so, and they need to be tight, but it's a careful balance that went wrong this time.
It's actually the first that I've snapped in all this time.

Latest posts

Back