Anyone been out for a ride today?

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Did a few hours today, not ideal ground conditions though! Frozen solid underneath, with half an inch of sticky clay on top, made for an interesting ride! Really hard slog on the climbs as the wheels picked up badly, Here's a picture on the top of Slingsby Bank local to me, was cold on the descents too! Roll on Spring now!
MerlinintheWoods001-1.jpg

Yup, went out for a couple of hours

Trail condiitons in Bristol are good - surface has frozen and dried out and is great to ride on .... it was a little on the chilly side!

Conditions

Its weird as it's well below freezing, but the surface water has no ice on it, yet my bird bath at home which is 3 foot up is frozen solid!

Out n About

Harryburgundy":3vndgd7h said:
Brrrr...too chilly for me

Yes steep climbs, not nice, soon as you start to blow a bit the cold air racing into your throat really makes it sore. Ice cream brain freeze headache on the downs, even with a fleece helmet liner. But on the rolling stuff, you can keep nice and warm.

Sure did. Ground was frozen solid with a few patches of virgin ice covering some wet mud holes here and there. All the ground is rutted with tyre tracks from a very wet and muddy fall, so made for some interesting terrain. Fun to ride on though, and my tyres held out all the way, but for spinning out on a root on a steep climb (on SS so was pushing quite hard.) Was also cold as f##k, but I was comfy with plenty of layers of wool and gortex, SIDI shoes, wind/waterproof gloves with liners and a beenie. ;)

Warm

I find Merino base layers keep you really warm without overheating and well breathable. The cold had my legs pretty tiff when I got back though.

did 2hrs. i should start taking a camera, everythings covered in frost, trees, bushes, ferns, ice everywhere... looks like narnia :LOL:

Back