Bike Build help/ideas. Trek stp400

thekingofming

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hey all,

this frame is 2001 MY as far as I know and so I appreciate its not completely "retro" in the eyes of a lot of people, but I am asking on here as I am not very good with coordinating colours and ideas and as you all seem a friendly bunch I'd trust your thoughts more than on some other forums.

I am going to put on a pair of RC-36 pro class (with the gold stantions) and I have a Pace front wheel and a Hope rear. It will be xtr V's, shifters and rear mech (8 speed). Other than that its a blank canvas. I was thinking maybe gold bits to match the forks maybe, the headset, set clamp and skewers. Would this look too much or not work? I was tempted by an FSA carbon chainset, but should I go for something different? The front mech is an E-type one so the BB needs to be compatible (which the isis and square shimano are I think) :?:
Ideally I want to make it as lightweight as possible, but I don't have an unlimited budget so cant go too crazy. I don't have a problem fitting modern or older stuff.

Is anyone able to offer an opinion?

thanks!

Ben

trek.JPG

Hmmm......I reckon a black SID fork (they were available in black weren't they?) would match the rear shock nicely and full XTR should do the trick, then maybe some modern carbon bars and post and some spangly wheels - Mavic Crossmax perhaps.

I know not a cheap build but I think the frame probably warrants it.

Latest posts

Back