biopace on singlespeed?

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
ive got a few biopace rings kicking about and as the raliegh instincts gonna be ss i wundered if i could go bio,with a chain tensioner of course.? anybody delved ? let us no what you think :D

My Gary Fisher was a Biopace ss conversion when Dekerfintheshed had it.
Personally, I'd rather go to an amateur dentist.

Seems to me that with the lumpy circle that the biopace gives you, it wouldn't go well with the high RPM single speed. I never liked the biopace rings myself because of that.

cheers fella,gonna be a hack bike really,mostly offroad.does the chain have a tight spot or does the ovalness take all the slack if you get what i mean :roll:

cheers

The "pull" on the chain doesn't vary, as in the derrailleur does not rock backwards & forwards on a multi speed as you pedal.

There's no tight spot as the chain is always engaged with the same number of teeth.

Spin the pedals of a biopace equipped bike with gears backwards and the cage doesn't move.

What the guys have said above.

I'm building a Hei Hei up for the summer as an offroad single speed and may use a biopace on that.

M

sod it,gonna go bio to see what its like,remember bitd it was a bit strange but hey,so am i lol :D

Back