The perfect bike quiver - is it attainable? Discuss

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Ok, GCSE level question but is it possible to attain your perfect collection of bikes (we'll each have our definition of what this means so let's not get bogged down in that)?

Or is it the case that we move ever nearer the goal via successively smaller iterations, circling around but never quite achieving nirvana?

I have a dream

Ed

I thought it was possible but the goalpost keep widening!
I have a full quiver including;2 retro MTBs,A modern high tech fs,cross bike,track bike,road race bike,winter road bike,singlespeed MTB and even a turbo trainer bike,but there's always something else to catch your eye!
Do need a bigger garage though :)

For me, I've got an idea of bikes I'd like to own, regardless of whether I'd ride them. Some would call this a collection, but that word is not allowed around the newly-married ;)

So yes, I can think of 4-5 bikes that would llike to own to compile my perfect collection.

But that wouldn't stop the constant ebb and flow of the actual amount in my garage at any time.

Ahh,you see to me collection and quiver are 2 different things.The quiver are the bikes I NEED to own to enable me to compete/train/enjoy my sport,the collection are the bikes I just enjoy looking at/tinkering with etc,for example my retro bikes! :)

No,...

i still find bikes that i never thought i wanted untill the moment i run in to them.
I wish i could.
I told myself 2 months ago that i would not buy any other bikes then the 2 i want to complete my collection,..few weeks later i bought one which was not on the list and even today i was seducted to buy yet another not from the collection list but he wants to much so that made it easy.
Still, although i bought the frame a few weeks back, i want to focus on the key items/bikes and and hope to find peace and quite some day soon and the hunger for more will fade away,...

Hmmm, have thought of this too.....

I have my hardtail and at the moment planning the bastardised cyclocross bike, this will be followed by a downhill bike and then possibly a lightweight enduro full suspension bike......

.....pending a Lottery win!!!!

I'm almost there and could have been there if I had not sold the SAB.

My dream collection is my first proper mountain bike (my Cannondale), the bike I lusted over as a youth (my PACE), A top quality retro hardtail (the Hei Hei) and a modern All Mountain type thing (Yeti 575). The only thing missing is a retro top end Full Suss (which is where the SAB came in). I'm hoping to fill that space in the new year and get 'closure'.
I think there might be a Mt. Tam style klunker sized hole to plug too- this will be next years big project.

Si

Well, I see my stable like this:
1) RTS = full sus
2) Zaskar = hardtail
3) Stumpjumper = rigid
4) Pro-Flex = softail
5) Pennine = road bike

and when it arrives
6) Tequesta = singlespeed

However, I am faced with a 'too many' syndrome because I also have coming
7) Eldridge Grade = no bloody idea what to do with, but I wanted it ;)

Some of the above with go, others will come. I'm with orange71, I have a quiver, but not a 'dream' collection as yet.

I need a Xizang, I'd like a Pace, a Yeti would be nice, oh and a........

Latest posts

Back