Fitting bullseye chainset

Kestonian

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Is there a trick for getting the axle of a Bullseye chainset through the bottom bracket, or should I just grease it up and hit it with a rubber mallet?

Should be a push fit but if fitting Bullseye Cranks to a Pace. Pace used a metric bearing with a ID of 22mm on the RC 100. As standard Bullseye are 7/8". Unless you are lucky and find a Pace pair or have the originals you will have to modify the spindel/shaft to 22mm put in a lathe and take about 9 thou off hope this helps.

Once the above mods have been done, make yourself a puller out of some threaded bar, nuts, washers and a length of tubing. Always better to ease it in and out without braying it with a hammer!

Si

retroking#1":m1wo3aw8 said:
Should be a push fit but if fitting Bullseye Cranks to a Pace. Pace used a metric bearing with a ID of 22mm on the RC 100. As standard Bullseye are 7/8". Unless you are lucky and find a Pace pair or have the originals you will have to modify the spindel/shaft to 22mm put in a lathe and take about 9 thou off hope this helps.

How do you lot know this stuff?!

I bought a set with my RC100 but they don't fit, and neither do the other set I bought. Bugger.

Perfect answer, many thanks for that.

Except of course that I don't have a lathe (and even if I did I wouldn't drive it!)

Latest posts

Back