Hi everybody and some LTS advise

Tallpants

Dirt Disciple
Hi everybody, long time lurker first time poster here :)
I've spent the last 6 months lurking on here, remembering the days when a £600 bike was ridgid and v brakes were cutting edge. well a chance search on ebay last week landed me an LTS DH frame for £77 - result (I think) and now i dont know what to do with it, I've got some spare retroish parts: Hope C2 calipers, 90's kore stem some 90's LX bits (mechs, cassette, shifter, leavers and V's) to put onto it.
only real question is i've got a choice of forks, old mazz's Jr T's or some '08 RS revolutions and i dont kow wich ones to fit??

These will look cool, Crud is selling em

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=
IMG00488.jpg

mostly singletrack with the odd bit of downhill (if you can call a 30 second run downhilling - the curse of living on the cheshire plain)
The Rev's are a nicer fork but im not sure if there too weak, but I'm afraid the Jr T's will damage the frame where the Rev's will snap the crown but save the frame, then again any crash that will do that, will do more harm to me than the bike these days I think...

Tallpants":3lb2ged0 said:
mostly singletrack with the odd bit of downhill (if you can call a 30 second run downhilling - the curse of living on the cheshire plain)
The Rev's are a nicer fork but im not sure if there too weak, but I'm afraid the Jr T's will damage the frame where the Rev's will snap the crown but save the frame, then again any crash that will do that, will do more harm to me than the bike these days I think...

Where in Cheshire are you? I'm nr Chester

If it was mine i'd go for a pair of Z1 Bombers or long travel Judy's, despite the LTS DH being a downhill specific it's still too old school for super long travel modern forks, i have long travel 80mm Bomber Z1's on mine and they work great.

I dont really think the DH is designed to run a conventional front mech due to the bend in the seattube, dont think i've seen a DH with one and mine has never had one fitted, i could be wrong though.

If you are needing spares BETD (Google it) do bushes, linkages and mech hangers and TF tuned will re-build the Rockshock Super Delux

Post up some pics of it ;)

Back