**Let's Keep Retro MTB chat a little, er, Retro**

About time a bit of a 'tidy up' took place, it was getting all a little messy with everything being in MTB Chat.

This has probably come up a lot but as i've missed them and im far too lazy to hunt them down

If the word *retro* is defined as items or a style belonging to the past,then many subjects that appear non-retro to some would appear to others as *retro*.
For instance the bikes that became the 'mountain bike' would be Retro but only the models and components that were from that transition period[whats that? early eighty's?]and that period only.Everything else from then on becomes part of the history of
To answer the disc question from this point of view ,only the earlier models ,Amp, Formula [more knowledgeable members will know of others

Now comes the bit i get hate mail from :LOL: :LOL:
Wouldn't a Raleigh Dynatech be of more retro value than say a .......Kona Hei Hei ?

aaaaaaggggghhhh please dont hit me

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Im not looking for an argument here im just inquiring
Im actually becoming scared about posting this :LOL: :LOL:

dyna-ti":1vkxwmkt said:
This has probably come up a lot but as i've missed them and im far too lazy to hunt them down

If the word *retro* is defined as items or a style belonging to the past,then many subjects that appear non-retro to some would appear to others as *retro*.
For instance the bikes that became the 'mountain bike' would be Retro but only the models and components that were from that transition period[whats that? early eighty's?]and that period only.Everything else from then on becomes part of the history of
To answer the disc question from this point of view ,only the earlier models ,Amp, Formula [more knowledgeable members will know of others

Wouldn't a Raleigh Dynatech be of more retro value than say a .......Kona Hei Hei ?

Could be wrong but with the varying definitions and interpretations I think the request is more to do with the random posts than the general way the topic goes.

Apologies to these posters, I'm not trying to pick you out, but I'm guessing its this type of post?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44745

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44611

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44689

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44379&start=0

dyna-ti":11mxvt4m said:

:LOL:

You're looking at it a bit too deeply I think.

Sure there is no fixed definition of retro. However our intention is simply to keep the main 'Retro MTB Chat' vaguely retro (whatever that means) orientated and keep the 'General & off Topic Chat' for discussing new skoool bike stuff and everything else.
Think we can all agree 08 Shimano XTR centrelock discs aren't retro can't we?

Yes i understand from what kaiser has said :D ,unfortunatly its how i look at everything :LOL: :LOL:
No longer confused

hmmm hope centerlocks.............. :LOL: :LOL:

Back