Sophie Claire Brookes works it out...

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
One of the more embarassing assignments of being a Gemini-starred Team MBUK rider in 1992...

Apparently she got a second place in the 91 NEMBA DH series - but what else did she achieve?

Mr K

PS. Scanning these I was reminded of a girlfriend of mine at the time - I bought her a Raleigh Peak and attempted to lure her into the world of MTB'ing. Wandering around the campsite of a NEMBA race, I pointed out Ms Brookes and her beau. All the obviously put out girlfriend could say was "she's got terrible split ends..." :roll:

Attachments

• Sophie stretches more....jpg
    Sophie stretches more....jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 4,631
  • The stretchercises....jpg
    The stretchercises....jpg
    89 KB · Views: 4,630
  • Sophie stretching....jpg
    Sophie stretching....jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 4,634
Long-term girlfriend of Jason Mcroy IIRC.. .
Memories came flooding back with that scan. . . :oops: ;)
yup, another for the where are they now thread. .

One of the rarest MBUK double page spreads I believe- some ended up as posters on teenage lads walls, most ended up...

mrkawasaki":2p4f4e0v said:
Apparently she got a second place in the 91 NEMBA DH series - but what else did she achieve?

Mr K

She was very [cough] talented! I think she was one of only two entrants who finished enough events for ranking :LOL:

She'll always be remembered as JMC's girlfriend. Personally I'd rather have his jellybean AlaCarte ;)

Stuck together-scrumpled up and hid at the bottom of the dustbin...

Deny it!

“Sophie Brookes demonstrates stretching techniques that will keep you supple before and after you race. Jim McRoy struggled to concentrate as he took the photographs”

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back