L&M Cranks ?? Anyone know of them

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
I was stumbling in my LBS just and they have a set of NOS LM cranks, They look pretty cool, they are CNC in pewter, square taper compact ring size and have an interchangeble spider like Middleburn in red or blue ano.

Im quite tempted but have never come across this make before and wanted to see if they are good, strong and worth a haggle :LOL:

Cheers

yes they are a good solid crank never had any trouble.... I have a black pair with L&M in red lettering. They are fairly burly and originally designed for aggressive riding. Wonder why you don't see many pairs about?
Got mine second hand on a 2001 bike if that helps

Yep remember them,

they always got good write ups.

Stardrive rings a bell.

Chris.

they were designed and distributed by a guy called pete lane at parklife, a small southern based company, date from about late '96. i have to say if they are the completely solid cranks they are good, if they have machined out backs in a sort of triangular pattern (the xc versions) those ones tended to crack. their chainrings were good though, still running some now!

Thanks for your comments chaps, They are the CNC ones with triangle sections cut out on rear of arms.

I may just have to haggle a bargain, he said they were about £165 bitd :shock:

sounds right-ish, but remember they are square taper (everyone wants external designs) and old , and hint the colour isn't quite what you were looking for that way he'll be paying you to take them! :D

Latest posts

Back