A Hello, my bike, and bike stolen :(

Carlos

Old School Hero
Hi All
Well this post has triple points to it; firstly to say hello, secondly to show off my bike and thirdly as a 'keep an eye out' post as it was stolen from my garage yesterday along with my 3 other bikes :(
I keep meaning to sign up, but now is as good a time as any I suppose.

Well here it is/was;
My beloved Mountain Cycle Moho STS rigid :cool:
It's obviously a retro frame and quite a retro style build, but with modern parts. I loved riding it so much, I could keep up with most full sussers on the downs, and kick their heavy asses up the ups :p It's just the potential fragility of the carbon parts that stopped me going much faster! They never gave me any problem though.
Full spec is;
Crossmax wheels
RC31 C-Type forks
Easton EC90 riser bars
EC70 seatpost
EA70 stem
Flyte Ti saddle
SRAM X0 mechs and shifters
Avid SD SL V's and levers
Middleburn Duo chainset
Hope Ti BB
Chris King Headset

The only things that are different from the pic now are Panaracer Cinder tyres and Crank Bros Candy SL pedals.

As you can see, it stands out quite a lot, so I'm hoping it will be spotted at some point and we can be reunited :p
The other ones to go missing are also almost as easy to spot; A brand new Cotic Soul in black with white RS Revelation forks, red Hope Mono M4 brakes, blue Hope Pro 2 hubs and white Halo rims.
A Felt TK2 track bike, probably the only one fitted with Ultegra SL brakes (I spent about 5 hours drilling the seatstay for them!!).
A carbon Dedacchia framed road bike. New frame, bars, stem, post, saddle, pedals, but older Mavic Cosmic wheels and Ultegra G/S.

I'm gutted :(

But it's given me the excuse I need to now build a retro hack bike cheaply. I'd love to build up and old mid range steel Marin cos I always wanted one! But anything similar would be good. The only thing is, they seemed to build bikes for taller people in those days and it's hard finding 16/17" frames! I'm gonna keep my eye out for anything that takes my fancy though :)

Attachments

• MC1.jpg
    MC1.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 1,349
#1- Hello and welcome
#2- Nice bike, liking it a lot
#3- Thieving MOFO's :evil: Hopefully they get caught soon, tied down and spokes inserted into their testicles :evil: I've been on the end of bike theft and I did get it back :twisted:

gutted for you , not many of those bikes about .

put it on stw , bike radar etc... and any info on where you live might help to spot them .

Hi there
Nice bike right enough
Keep your chin up,the cops have a habit of finding when you least expect it

a green mountaincycle......oi max was it you.......love them mohos ...saw 1 in red in l.spa a few years ago.......nice to have a fellow mountain cycle fan on board.(pround owner of a san andreas with green tyres)hope the tosser gets run over .... :twisted:

Sad to hear your bike was stolen,very distinctive though and hope someone sees it. Keep your eyes open on Ebay and Gumtree, also the local free papers and maybe a cash converters if you have one.

If you are in need of a bike I put a 17in Rockhopper up for sale on here, yours for a hundred quid if you want it. Its got a fair few older bits and some new that you could sell on to get more original stuff

Cheers guys. I'm in Portsmouth, but a friend's bike that was nicked turned up in Southampton on ebay, so it could travel a bit.

I'll add more soon, just off out for an all night ride on the South downs on my dad's '93ish Trek 820, complete with plastic pedals because my spanners were nicked too and I can't get them off to put my old ATAC pedals on for the ride! This is going to be fun :LOL:

Back