Y282's late 80s-early 90s GT single...

Y282

Dirt Disciple
Had it forever, had broken it down into bits and put under my workbench at the back of the shed years ago. Had a bit of time free recently so dug it out and breathed life back into it. Plan was to just bolt it together and roll about on it, but you know how it goes...

It's flat gloss grey with raw steel forks, Rolls San Marco saddle (love these) on long post with a 1.5" Araya 7X /Exage Mountain rear in black and a Mavic 117/XT hub front both on Michelin semis (1.5").

Brakes are Deore U brake rear and Dia-Compe V front with red Fibrax.

Due to being an older GT the rear dropouts are semi horizontal so the chain (BMX, nickel) is easy to get a good line and tension. Old Shimano 400 cranks with centre ring moved offside and platform pedals. GT grips, 1" aluminium quill stem with a long throw to balance the frame angles out and for now a set of MX 2 fingers in white.

Plans for the future are a set of broad risers in silver and some V brake levers as the front brake isn't really up to it!

I love the shape and style (or lack of) of this thing. If I ever bother getting it resprayed again I'll go gloss grey again and have GT name decals remade in the style of the old ones (Karakoram, etc) but with the word "LOCKDOWN" instead.

Anyway, have some pics...

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    299.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 2.png
    2.png
    289.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 3.png
    3.png
    159.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 4.jpg