Your favourite canti brakes NO Shimano

Senior Retro Guru
Something I have been pondering while sitting in the van avoiding yet another down pour....

What's your favourite canti brakes other than any Shimano offerings.

Likes/dislike
Easy/hard to set up
Looks
Performance
Rarity etc

Re:

If I can't say Shimano M system, then its Magura Racelines. They're a bitch to set up, but once set up, fantastic braking power.

Re:

Grafton SCs with XT bolt/clamp and Aztec blocks. Always set them up with the old thick xt pre stretched cables. They work very well with Paul Component Canti brake levers or SS7s. I have used them with Grafton levers but found them a bit fragile for regular heavy use.

Dia Compe 987, super easy to set up and work perfectly as an off road brake. I have them on all my retro bikes that get ridden as intended.

Re: Re:

M-Power":12wmnb9m said:
Grafton SCs with XT bolt/clamp and Aztec blocks. Always set them up with the old thick xt pre stretched cables. They work very well with Paul Component Canti brake levers or SS7s. I have used them with Grafton levers but found them a bit fragile for regular heavy use.

That sounds like a set up that's taken some trial and error to achieve, second to mention SS7 leavers also

Mine was the Avid tri align. I have put the best brake pads I could find and looks quite cool, but not easy to set up.

Attachments

• DSCN1924.JPG
    DSCN1924.JPG
    311.6 KB · Views: 398
Back