Brown rocky mountain,bent seat stay.Fixed, need model name.

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Can the member who sold me the Brown rocky mountain with the bent seatstay please put a quick post on here telling what model it is as i've deleted all my pm's and due to my crap memory I can't remember who sold it to me. Seat stay 99% fixed, got to get some new stickers cut to hide the small remaining dents than bold it up and hope it doesn't fold under my ample bulk!!

RM

I'll try and describe it,1"18 headset, 68mm bb,steel,seatstays join seat tube above the line of the top tube,dark brown metallic paint with black on silver decals.Hope you get an idea from this,flat battery on camera!

I think I remember seeing this bike for sale on here. For some reason I'm pretty sure it was a repaint with some after market decals on it like the ones that are forever on eBay. I don't recall Rocky doing a Brown bike but I could be wrong. I've seen a few brown ones as repaints but nothing factory.

I'd really need to see some pics of the bike frame to be sure. Is the seat tube cut off straight at the top or is it cut on a 45 deg angle? (up towards the bars, lower towards the rear wheel) Is it fastback seatstays or wishbone and are the dropouts stamped with anything such as Ritchie or Rocky Mountain? Serial number? All those would help narrow it down. (serial numbers dont have the year but the first numbers are traditionally off by 1 or 2 either way)

it was me :) glad to hear you got it sorted, there was some confusion over what the frame was. let me just have a look through my old posts

Attitude or equip?

certaily appears to be the same as the red and yellow frame,it's got allthe right tube placings,the right rear cable hanger and the right seat clamp bit. So do we think its an Attitude then?
ps seatstay was easy to sort when you weild a rubber mallet like my mate Phil! There is still a small dent on the under side of the tube and the dent onthe right seatstay will have to stay unless i want to get busy with the welder,but that will mean stripping the paint and a respray which it doesn't really need. any further info gratefully recieved. When posting pics what is the best software to use to reduce picture size,I don't really do computers but I need to find an easy way to put pics on the forum.Ta in advance

Back