Cannondale questions... Magura and Wolber ?

Boothy

Retro Guru
Howdy team,

Just purchased myself a '93 Cannondale M700 for a song, but to be honest I don't know much about it. It's come with what appear to be original Wolber AT400 'titanium light' rims. Can any of you fine fellows tell me if they are considered any good, and if they even have any titanium involved in them?

Also it's packing un-original Magura 'classic evolution' rim brakes, can anyone tell me how they compare to other Magura's, and if they ever had a booster to fit them?

I'll stick a pic of the beast up as soon as I've knocked the dust off it... gonna make a nice cheap commuter, although I'll no doubt trick it up until it's worth way too much!

Cheers,

Boothy.

Wolber used to do good rims , I dont think they are titanium , just the finish if I remember well .

If you are talking HS-11 Magura's then yes you can fit a booster as long as its the correct type and no they are not as powerful as the 1998 HS-33's such as RaceLines, Tomac, SID etc (stronger) and the EVO2 based HS33 20th Annivesrary set (even stronger).

A bike that old wouldn't really have had Evolution mounts, it would have had the earlier, 'pre elbow' mounts.

HS11's will still piss over any Canti's i've ever seen and probably V's too.

Neill

Ah ha,

Nice one... I'm not even sure if they are HS-11, (they certainly ain't the EVO2) the only text I can find is 'Magura clAssic' and 'evolution' do you know where I can find a picture?

They seem to have pretty long lever arms too, do you know if they can be swopped for shorter ones?

Cheers again,
Boothy.

Thanks that would be great, any info much appreciated.

You're right, the mounts look like your picture, here are the levers

And anyone ever heard of the rims?

Thanks,

Attachments

• DSC00121.jpg
    DSC00121.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 2,936
  • DSC00124.jpg
    DSC00124.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2,936
Back