Which XT levers for Canti’s will 739’s work?

Supreme

Dirt Disciple
Evening,

I’m not massively clued up on shimano groupsets, I have done some research but keep getting conflicting numbers.

If i’m running canti’s which XT levers/shifters will work best? Are 739’s suitable or are these tailored more for V-brakes?

Pretty sure that brake levers are specific to canti’s or V-brakes but was hoping someone can confirm this?

Sorry for all the questions and have a great weekend riding

Alex

Supreme":2qw9e7gg said:
Evening,

I’m not massively clued up on shimano groupsets, I have done some research but keep getting conflicting numbers.

If i’m running canti’s which XT levers/shifters will work best? Are 739’s suitable or are these tailored more for V-brakes?

Pretty sure that brake levers are specific to canti’s or V-brakes but was hoping someone can confirm this?

Sorry for all the questions and have a great weekend riding

Alex

739 was vbrake 737/738 was canti brake

Re:

If you remove the rubber spacer things in the levers (or move them to the top) doesn't this effectively make the M739 short-pull and canti compatible?

Someone will know more what I'm on about :-S

Re: Re:

Woz":3szkwm9b said:
If you remove the rubber spacer things in the levers (or move them to the top) doesn't this effectively make the M739 short-pull and canti compatible?

Someone will know more what I'm on about :-S

No it just lessens the snatchy v brake.

do you have gear shifters already as the xt m737/8 from memory were all sti combi units. i needed some canti brake levers recently fro my 98 stx rc group set, after struggling to find anything period that was suitable i bought some shimano bl r550 levers that do the job perfectly and match the looks of the groupset.

Latest posts

Back