What is your favorite way to load pictures?

Lhatch4

Fat Chance Fan
I like to take pictures on my phone. Sometimes I use a regular camera. The photos are always too big to load on this website. I like to download my pictures onto my computer to save them. At the same time I will take the pictures that I want to upload hear and edit them in the "paint" software on my computer. I reduce the size to about 20% of the regular size that my phone takes. This is enough reduction that I don't have any trouble uploading them. How do you do it?

Download the pics from the phone (mostly phone, seldom camera). Open them up in Photoshop, adjust levels, maybe crop the image, then re-size the image to about 1200 x 1000 pixels and save it as a Jpeg with a medium quality level (around 6) and hope for the best. Then try to upload the image to the site and inevitably get the :"image size is too large" prompt, curse, curse some more, then go back in Photoshop to re-re-size the image just a little smaller and then try again to upload. That about sums up my way to upload pictures, not that there's anything favorite about it... actually it's quite annoying.

I use the image resizer for windows from Bricelam,

Just right click on image resize to medium and and it makes a resized copy, then add that to the upload box on here, easy.

Re:

I use the in-built tools on my antiquated Samsung. Open image, select adjust, pick resize, 25% then save as a low quality jpeg.

Upload directly to RB from there. If I have a lot of pics I may upload them to Flickr then use the embed html, but that's sometimes more time consuming than doing it on my phone.

Re:

Poor quality phone photo to hide the blemishes. Resize on Linux using Gthumb. (Might try command line resizing for proper geek credentials one day.) Check file size in file manager and upload.

I get them from the camera onto my computer and
crop, resize and export them at 60% or so. I use Gimp.

I think the fastest programme for resizing and setting compression is probably Image
Magic, it can do an entire directory of pics in seconds, but cropping is easier with a
graphic programme.

I use the fabulous picture album functionality of the (german) mtb-news forum. I can upload the pictures directly from my phone using the browser. No resizing. It then lets me copy and paste the picture link in different sizes. All forums should be easy as that. :D

Back