Klein mc2 question

ctronzo

Devout Dirtbag
ok...so I want to raise my bar a bit, but I do not have the mc2 wrench. any creative workarounds?
Thanks

Use the force Luke!
Just use your hands. It's not necessary to have the wrench at all since one can ruin the threads very easily with the tool and it' possible to get it to needed tightness with your hands...

Carsten can rectify me if he disagrees.

you are correct, tool is handy but if you have good grip with your hands, this could be done without the tool.

But how do you want to raise the bar?,..you have an other one lying around?
The height of the bar you have is fixed,..you can not change is by using spacers .

if the nut has been tightened with the wrench it will be difficult to loosen it just with the hands, at least my experience. if you cannot get hold of the Klein wrench try a plumbers leather strap pipe wrench. any other tool will damage the locknut.

if the steerer tube is long enough the MC2 can be raised but the top of the lock nut must at least flush with the end of the steerer tube.

you have bought Copey's Adroit, right? that had the MC2 at the highest position possible. if you can put the plastic cap on the MC2 there's no steerer tube left to raise the stem. you will need an MC2 with a riser stem.

Carsten

Back