First gen Rapid Rise

66 triumph daytona

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So after about 20mins of juggling between cable tension and the limit screws I managed to index my M951 rear mech but it was sheer luck than anything else.I have indexed M960 r/r and it wasnt half as much of a faff,any hard and fast rules for indexing m951 rapid rise?

I have 951 & 952 and just put the 951 on my AMP B4 as the cable routing is better suited to a mech with the "roller". Found it fairly straightforward. I have found 952 to be infuriating in the past!
Bizarrely I have a 952 (or one which looks the same, never checked the number) which appears to be Rapid Rise too.
I prefer the setup, thumb to harder, finger to easier.

Gerard":1qg43zrd said:
I have 951 & 952 and just put the 951 on my AMP B4 as the cable routing is better suited to a mech with the "roller". Found it fairly straightforward. I have found 952 to be infuriating in the past!
Bizarrely I have a 952 (or one which looks the same, never checked the number) which appears to be Rapid Rise too.
I prefer the setup, thumb to harder, finger to easier.
Yeah,I have a feeling its down to a sticking cable.I`ll refit one later and see if it makes a difference.I like rapid rise but I too have found that it does need a smooth routing.

Back