Steerer size help

jamie@balfa

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hi guys,
I'm building up an old Foes LTS with 1 1/4" headtube. Now I have the headset and correct forks and recently bought a 1 1/4" stem off here which when tight is still loose on the steerer.
As far as I know the only sizes RockShox made were 1 1/8", 1 1/4" and 1.5". Were there any other random sizes people know of? I'm sure it's the stem that's weird and not the fork steerer. The stem is Roox if that helps? Maybe early Cannondale?

Re:

Joining this thread as I sold the roox stem in question. I bought it as a 1 1/4 for a set of forks I planned to use on a Rudy project frame (verlicchi built). As far as I recall the stem fitted the 1 1/4 steerer on the forks, but I parted with the frame and forks a while back now.

I can't think of any other steerer size, especially between 1 1/4 and 1 1/5 but keen to help get a stem that fits as it appears what I sold does not.

I know Roox made Headshok compatible stems but that would be fairly obviously too big as AFAIK headshok is nearer 1.5" than 1.25".

What sort of clamp mechanism is it?
I bought a Pace stem a few years ago (still have it somewhere) that i could never get tight. Turns out the hamfisted gibbon who had it before me spent so much time falling off and hoofing the bars straight again that he'd taken the thickness of the internal wedges down enough that it'd no longer grip my (pace) forks. One day I'll fix it (no time soon, it's a heavy, ugly stem and 130mm long......)

Back