Please identify this Orange

caemis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
HI, could you please have a look on this Orange. I am uncertain which modell it could be due to the details, like the small Wishbone and the fendermounts on the dropouts. Frame weight is around 1.7kg... I have no more pictures but the frame was offered to me and I would really like to know more before buying it :)

Thanks a lot!

Re:

Don't think that's an E4. They were Easton Elite and I doubt very much any of them had braise ons for racks as they were Orange's top of the range XC race frame.

I know the earlier E4 frames had round section chain stays, but later ones had very deep flattened chain stays. Another giveaway on E4 frames is the curved, snake- stay, seat stays.

I'd guess that its more likely an Evo frame.

Re: Re:

cherrybomb":2webrwk8 said:
Don't think that's an E4. [...]

I'd guess that its more likely an Evo frame.
This would be my guess too. Something 1998ish...
Thanks!

Re:

Its an O2! :D Check the drop outs, gusset and hole in the seat tube above bottom bracket shell. Only available for 1998 and replaced in 99 with the Evo 2.

Attachments

• $_3 (1).JPG
    $_3 (1).JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 580
  • $_3.JPG
    $_3.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 580
Thanks for your help guys. I won't take the frame but if someone is interested please PM me for further details. Cheers

Re:

O2 could be right – you can just about see the decals under the yellow paint or where they once were applied. Hopefully it's not a Gringo.

Back