Help needed to identify frame

dpirner

Retro Newbie
Hi gents,

I am new registered to the forum but enjoying already for a while the posts here as I love to see old MTBs being restorated etc.

Finally I have registered because I´d need help to identify a FS MTB frame.
The rear wheel swing arm looks somehow like a Marin, so does the dropout/hanger ( In my opinion ).
The damper looks like a risse Elroy without air valve.

somehow the overall design looks like an AMP , but I could not find similar frames in google. So hopefully some experts here can help :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Yn0 ... E1yR3dMUXM

Thanks a lot in advance

cheers

Dirk

Re:

Can't help but it does have an amp look about it, though rear pivots are not in the same place as on amp.

Looks like a copy of an AMP with a pivot on the seatstays to avoid horst link patent issues

Re:

There are various features that point towards it being made by the Taiwanese factory A-Pro; they made bikes for many companies like Balance, Marin and a number of others.
A-Pro frames also were often sold as shop own brands - guys like Supergo and Performance in the USA and Merlin in the U.K. used A-Pro so it's likely that this is not a high end handmade frame but more either a mid-range or shop own brand frame copying the AMP 4 bar frame lay out (with the exception of the non Horst link).

The key pointers towards it being an A-Pro made frame are things like the rear dropouts, hanger, drilled yoke, headtube reinforcement rings and BB pivot

Have a look at this Marin Nail Trail FRS (made by A-Pro)and you'll see similarities in those features (although this is a Manitou copy rather than an AMP copy):

228592d1169402688-balance-fs-mountain-bike-frs-1.jpg

marinbleu.jpg

Re:

Thanks a lot for the info gents.

Especially information from pete_mcc was very interesting.

So I can assume that the decals ( Performance bike ) are original ones and that the bike was sold by US shop "Performance".

Currently I am the highest bidder with 45,- euros. But most probably I won´t bid more than 50 for the frame then.

cheers

Back