Pace RC35's and Onza HO Canti's??

dave3lions

Retro Newbie
Hi guys,

I'm a long time runner of RC30's that I got back in '91. I always wanted the RC35's, but they were a bit out of reach for a 15 yo, so a couple of years back I picked up a nearly mint pair off eBay and some NIB Onza HO Canti's to go with them. My bike was looking a bit tired so I decided to put them to one side until I had the time to strip it down and rebuild it.

Fast forward to today and I'm only just getting round to fitting them as I've picked up a decent Klein Pulse frame (ratty paint, but good for summer). However I'm scratching my head as to how to set up the cables.

Has anyone ran RC35's and Onza HO's? Is it possible? If so please post a pic so I can see how it's done or please share your knowledge.

Cheers!

Attachments

• File 05-07-2017, 23 22 02.jpeg
    File 05-07-2017, 23 22 02.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 409
Yes, bin there done that. Then the brakes cracked.
Threaded barrel goes on to the end of the main brake cable from the lever. On the right hand (as we are looking at it) side of the brakes.

The onza "cross cable" then goes from the rocker to the left hand side of the brakes.

That's how mine were set for ~3 years.

Only issue i had was if i set the arms too vertical, the barrel (and cable end) wouldn't seat properly in the hooks as you couldn't drop the straddle cable height as you can with a conventional set up. Fixed it by using slightly deeper pads, or sliding the stud through the mount by a couple of mm (that's all it needed)

Re:

Thanks mattr,

I think I get what you mean. I'll mock it up and post a pic back here in a jiffy and you or someone can confirm its correct. :D

Thanks, its much appreciated!!

The cable from the lever goes direct to the drive side onza, and that's where the solderless nipple goes. The straddle wire goes to the NDS onza, and bolts into the rocker.

Basically, what Mattr said :D

Re:

Thanks guys, I get it now.

Nonetheless I'll get a pic up when I can get in the garage for a tinker. I haven't managed to get anything done on the bike tonight as we've had a bloody power cut all evening grrrr

Back