New guy

gohabsgo

Retro Newbie
Hi folks,

I ended up here by chance ... or a few chances ...

I bought a Kona Cinder Cone back in '92 and successfully kept it going for 25 years. This year, I gave it to my nephew who was in need of a commuter. Well, it didn't take long for it to get stolen from Walmart, where he worked. They cut the lock.

Feeling bad for him, I bought him another bike, a used Specialized Rockhopper of similar vintage.

I still wanted to have an extra bike in the stable for when out of towners visit, we could ride, so I had been hunting for one. I ended up finding a ... wait for it ... Kona Cinder Cone at a garage sale. Not the same one that was stolen, but similar vintage. So, I am working on that bike to get it more comfortable to ride and need to find some specs on it, and advice on how to fix it up ... that brought me here.

Look for some further 'help me' topics coming up.

Cheers,
Larry

Re:

Welcome to the forum, and the retro-ride! Its a great venue, with tons of friendly and helpful people.

Good luck with your build ...

tintin40":gywcwwwi said:
Hi. Shame about the low life theft.

It's pretty bad in these parts. If you're not sitting on it you might find it gone in a hurry. Kind of sad that they resort to stealing something with marginal value though. There are plenty of high end bikes around here.

Re:

Hello & welcome, loads of great guys & gals here. The wealth of knowledge is immense!

Back