PACE enthusiasts... question

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I'm searching for an original early PACE front hub to go with my F2 as I have the matching rear already built up.

Had my eye on this for a while but I note the flanges are really primitive as opposed to the nicely turned ones of later versions.

What era was this particular Pace hub? This seems to be a predecessor to the RC20 or simply a prototype.

Just contemplating pushing the button and getting this shipped over.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Old-Stock ... 2377991256

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Doesn't seem to have a grease nipple, unless it's on the underside in these photos?

Otherwise, looks standard RC-20 other than have squared off flanges instead of being radius.

Doesn't look very 'NOS' to me though - and where's the stickers gone to?!

It did look a bit dodge but I can't recall any other types of 1990's hubs that looked similar. Hence my query really.

I'm thinking an odd prototype? More info needed but the seller was a bit rude when I first inquired last month.

tbh the more i look it does look like one, just a shame you cant see the grease port, however im not sure mine has one on the overburys......???

for that price its nealry worth the risk..

Re: pace Hub

Is this what your looking for
It's a 1993 ish pace RC-50 front hub

Attachments

• IMG_1097.PNG
    IMG_1097.PNG
    71 KB · Views: 841
Re:

The original 1991 acetol ones didn't have a grease port, that came in in 92 so this should date it fairly precisely. For the money that's not bad for a rare, early hub!

Re:

My early one:

54d4bcef.jpg

Although mine has the rounded edges but no grease port so maybe the eBay one is really early (although I see it's gone now!)

Back