Anyone want to display there ride at the cycle show (NEC)

themountie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys Any one want to display there retro ride at the cycle show at the NEC next yr . Cheap or possibly free of charge.

As I contacted them about organising a display but the price for a stand was way to much.
They liked the idea of a retro display to show you do not have to have a new bike to get in to cycling I have receded an email back asking for Photos of the bikes that would be interested.

I wanted to do a restored display , survivor and a barn shed find display. May be from 1980's to the late 90's

Anyone want in please post pics and specs guys

Its chance to display at the NEC amongst the big boys and show the olduns are the best

Hi guys i will be sending all the pics to the guys at the cycle show and if they are able to offer us a free space or use us they will decide which rides they would like.

kingbling will be helping get this organised any questions please pm either of us .

that being said post pics specs of your rides any qwerkie funny werid stores of how you came by your ride would be great

May also offer they our time for some classes e.g on how to restore and set up old kit where I can be found ,restoration tips tricks, how to guys on the website and the achives

Re: Anyone want to distplay there ride at the cycle show (NEC)

I'd be up for something like that, sounds like a bit of fun

PICS if you have em :)
If we pay for a space you are looking at £3k
but as they are very intrested they said they could poss do it for free for us.

Re:

It is set up to humour big companies who insist we all buy their new products and not recycle our old ones where they see little return. Great idea but at £3k I think it will struggle.

Perhaps another idea would be to contact the companies themselves, Orange etc etc and say hey, have you thought about having a retro on your stand to emphasise your history and evolution?

It was £3k I said no as cannot afford it that's when they said could they have pics as they could poss do it FREE for us

sorry for got to add the free part to the last post

Re:

Interested then,

2 x Scotts and a Ritchey would be my best ones, 1991-1993

All threads in my sig at the bottom

Mike

I would be interested in bringing some of my best early Oranges.. :)

Re:

I'd be interested but when is it ?

to be honest I think you'll get inundated with offers,

Attachments

• yeti 6.jpg
    yeti 6.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 635

Just spoke to the guys at the cycle show hes said that they are looking into it may be either as a display own or incorporate us in to the show some where etc.
If guys can post the pics of the best or weirdest ,barn finds, survivors you have I can forward to them to the guys at the cycle show.

Latest posts

Back