Suspension Forks

Gaddmeister

Retrobike Rider
Ok, here's my next curiosity, what's your favourite retro suspension fork and why? So many variations back then. My favourites are the Mag 21 and the pace RC36. :D

Manitou 3 - Love the anodized graphics on the lowers and the chunky CNC crown, bridge, and dropouts.

7964271048_ed0da32638_z.jpg

JoeG":1wosypzl said:
Manitou 3 - Love the anodized graphics on the lowers and the chunky CNC crown, bridge, and dropouts.

7964271048_ed0da32638_z.jpg

The looks alone! Even if performance was a little iffy.

I try to like the RS MAG21 but always found them floppy and vague.

Re:

+1 for a Mani 3/4, stiff, beautiful CNCing and fine for general cx riding, plus they are pretty bomb proof. Always loved the Mani 1 crown though as you can customise it and change steerers easily.

I did like my Manitou 3s...but the EFC's took it to the next level. ore traval and I thought buttery smooth with the damping.

+1 for the Manitous.

But I also like the Specialized carbon FSX. Both the judy and the mag Versions...

Re:

I prefer the mag 21 over the manitou, just cause they have better damping; I hate elastomers. But all the older forks needed upgrades or finetuning to perform. I loved the butter smooth AMP F3 I rode for years, looks good, lightweigth, did I mention smooth. But I hated the bushing maintanance intervalls. The Girvin had better bushings and was a little stiffer but you needed to upgrade the complete damper unit first. So Mag for me, easy to service and setup with sollid performance and damping.

Back