Help regarding Rock Shox Judy XC

Hi.

I have acquired these and would like toput them on my bike. However they seem in a bad way. Is it worth or even possible to get them up and running? The elastomers were like the bottom of a cheesecake. And the top adjuster springs are rusted. I don't want to throw cash at them too much. However I now have a bike and a knackered set of bombers and a rubbish set of Judy's.

Re:

Just start to take them apart. If the inners are not corroded badly and the cartridge doesn't leak, then it's worth rebuilding with the right springs and elastomere's.
Otherwise, try to find another Bomber in good condition, they're great forks.

The inners look OK. I think I'll just sell them both as they are and start again. I haven't the tools and equipment to mess around. Thanks for the reply.

Re:

if you have a bike stand [to clamp the steerer in] they are rather easy to work on.......set of allen wrenches to release the lower legs and a set of circlip pliers to pull the damper and dummy rod is basically all that's needed......some slick honey or slickoleum grease in a tub [will last forever probably] for the lower bushings and if you need to service the damper, some 5w shock oil and if the elastomers are toast then some kronos springs etc.....

Back