Raleigh Technium opinions

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Anyone have any knowledge/experience of 90's Raleigh Technium bikes, think the frame is 6061 alloy.

Was thinking about strength and weight and ride ?

I have one that I've had from new.

It's certainly strong, taken loads of abuse over the years. I've heard about the tubes unsticking from the head tubes but any that are left have survived this long.

Weight, no idea what mine is, it certainly isn't superlight!

I like the way mine rides but then I've had it for 26 years. I would say it is not the nimblest but a fairly solid ride.

Cetim":1ynl9168 said:
I have one that I've had from new.

It's certainly strong, taken loads of abuse over the years. I've heard about the tubes unsticking from the head tubes but any that are left have survived this long.

Weight, no idea what mine is, it certainly isn't superlight!

I like the way mine rides but then I've had it for 26 years. I would say it is not the nimblest but a fairly solid ride.

Thanks for the info :cool:

Re:

i picked one up three weeks ago at a local car boot. Its the tecnium heat model,its still in very tidy condition with having little use over the years.im pretty sure the bike is from 88-89,

all it needed was new gear cables and a little lube and it was ready.testament i think to its quality and build. you can view this bike in mtb chat under the topic raleigh technium heat common place or now rare,should be around page 3 to 5 by now

Re:

Thanks, I shall have a look at your post.

The bike is only for a 'pop to the shops + out with the kids' bike and wont be ridden in anger much.

Back