MAG21 pump qestion

rva

GT Fan
Feedback
View
It might have been asked few time but search was not my friend this time.
I do not have the original pump, so what can be used to overcome this deficiency? I mean there should be an adaptor by now after 20 years of production end.

Any shock pump is suitable but the needle bit is what always caught me out, I'm sure the original differs from the more common type.

The original needle is essentially the same as a regular pump needle , but it doesn't have the holes on the side of the needle, just the one on the end.

If you shop around, you can find them quite easily on ebay etc. The other type will still work, but you might lose a little pressure as you withdraw.

The needle is a normal ball needle. If you make an adaper ball neddle to standard automotive valve, you can then use any shock pump.
I guess you could just buy a schrader valve to ball needle adapter at amazon.

But watch out. There are ball needles that have sharp edges. They will kill your mag valve in to time!

The best ones are those that have a round tip and the air hole is on the side. That side hole should be pressed in rather than cut in. Because of the sharp edges that is.

we sell Zefal and there is a set of diverse adaptors, but the one you guys are referring to (top right) is a few tenth of a millimeter wider than supposed to be
FA003577070.jpg

that's why I tought there are different ones out there...

I use standard ball needles that I find at my local hardware store. They have the side hole in them. I use a mini tubing cutter to remove the end above the side hole, then sand the tip smooth and round with the needle chucked in a drill. Takes a few minutes. Make it smooth with no burrs.

J

Back