The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
And before you ask yes it is retro because i'm doing 27.2 for a couple (Kona/GT) and my salsa.

Nearly suffered testicular rearrangement at mayhem this year and was wondering if a decent dropper is worth the £100 or so investment for a used one. They seem to come up regularly on the bay.

Anybody had use of one and was/is it worth it on the downhills? I ride tall so was thinking it might be a good idea?

Thanks THM

Re:

i hate to admit it but.........................they are, get a second hand one though as its an awful lot of money for a seatpost.

Re:

Yes - The only problem is once you've tried one you'll want them for all your bikes :LOL:

Still a big fan of the gravity dropper tbh (Use the Turbo myself, which is like an ejector seat), Not as fancy as a reverb but nothing to go wrong with them, Wouldn't touch the Crank Brothers Joplin...

The TMars might be worth a look as it appears to be a copy of the GD, Never actually used one myself, however comes in loads of sizes and retails for about a quarter of the price, £55... :D

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REMOTE-ADJUSTABLE-27 ... Sw-jhUJYOf

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The T mars ones look shite and get shite reviews. A Used KS Lev or similar goes for around £100. Reverbs seem to be the industry standard and are more.

Buy cheap buy twice as always. Looking for the circa £100 deals.

I am not not gnarly but need all the help/mechanical advantage I can get.

Re:

That's fair enough, As I say I've never used one just saw them when I was looking for a 27.2 myself for my Global Ti hardtail.....

I personally have the Gravity dropper Turbo (Boot removed as they also look naff and it doesn't affect functionality one bit) and two reverbs, So I can only comment on what I've used.... Had a Joplin, That was jank and was on bike for all of one ride!

I think your limiting factor is going to be the 27.2 as I found, I'm pretty certain the Reverb only comes in 30.9 & 31.6 or at least they did when I bought mine, However KS (and GD if that would be a consideration) will do the job but I think they are the only option..... I could be wrong though :roll:

Thanks for the run down. Have also found x fusion hi lo in 27.2. Will avoid the Scot joplins then.

I loaned a KLev off a mate a few months ago... instead of just plunking down for one. I'm about to take it off and put my old regular post back on...i just find I don't use it. If it went up and down all by itself (and not much travel), it might be better, but found I couldn't get past hen I wanted it to go down, I was standing, when I wanted it back up I was sitting... the only one I'dwant would be a fox doss and they don't make them any more.
But of course thats just me, I can see the point of them, but at the moment, not for me

Latest posts

Back