Kona orange paint

jonthefish

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Looking for touch-up paint for an orange '97 Kona Koa - the metallic burnt orange one. I'm thinking that the burnt orange Kia Sportage looks close-ish but this is a budget build and not keen to spend a tenner on mismatched paint.
If anyone knows a better match that would be great :cool:

Attachments

• P2090004 (2).jpg
    P2090004 (2).jpg
    114 KB · Views: 1,275
Easier said than done from west Lochaber. Bit remote here. Was hoping I might be able to order something if anyone had been through the same process.

Re:

Go to a nail salon or store that carries many varieties of nail polish. Might get lucky and find something close.

And then you can do your nails to match!

Or even better, browse through your wife's drawers and you might find something that's a nice match for free.

Attachments

• nails.jpg
    nails.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,185
  • nails 2.JPG
    nails 2.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,184
jonthefish":3ipgai8h said:
Looking for touch-up paint for an orange '97 Kona Koa - the metallic burnt orange one. I'm thinking that the burnt orange Kia Sportage looks close-ish but this is a budget build and not keen to spend a tenner on mismatched paint.
If anyone knows a better match that would be great :cool:
Or if you give up on it I'm looking for a burnt orange koa or the Mrs? ;)

My daughter has a 97 Kona Koa, I went down the nail polish route and found a near perfect match including metallic flake.

If you want details of the range and colour let me know and I'll see if I can find it.

Re:

I found some really good paint matches at my local model shop. The revell orange is an exact match for my cotic soul. I found a close match too for my old kona Kilauea. Revell and tamiya are good, google image search will give you an idea

Re:

what year was the Kilauea ? I am looking to colour match a 1996 and would be interested in manufacturer/part number the paint you bought (sorry to hijack the thread)

Back