Who made alloy MTB SS frames with no gussets - It's here!!

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
As in, not Azonic, DMR, etc....

Picked something up on the 'bay, will start a build thread once it's here, but it's polished, alloy, and SS specific, with a gear hanger built in, cable guides on top tube, V brake only, but no gussets anywhere....

Doesn't smack of a true dirt jump bike, so just wondering...trying to confirm with seller but seat post might be 25.4 too....it's like a big BMX! Standard BB shell by the looks....

Re:

A picture speaks a thousand words. However I'll take a wild ill informed guess and say Dawes Edge One SS circa about 2002. An early cheap SS specific mtb but only available for a year or two before Dawes decided it was a bad idea. It was SS specific and it was aluminium and it was V-brake only I think.

Re:

Aha, yes possibly! Thanks. Here's the only decent pic I can salvage off the listing for now....

Attachments

• SS frame.JPG
    SS frame.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 896
Re:

Don't have any idea what it is but its got interesting butting on the top tube where it meets the seat tube.

Re:

Could be an Azonic, the drop out and a lot of the features are the same as my DS2 however it's missing the gusset under the headtube....

Re: Who made alloy MTB single speed frames, with no gussets??

Anyway that's not a single speed as it has a mech tab....

Re: Who made alloy MTB single speed frames, with no gussets??

boxxer":3mjw4w1o said:
Anyway that's not a single speed as it has a mech tab....

:LOL:

Yeah, get your drift Craig....

It's the lack of gussets that's throwing me, otherwise I would have thought Azonic or similar. Not that it really matters for what it will owe me, it should be a bit of fun for a while.

Re:

Definitely not an SS with all the cable guides.
It could be pre-late 90's when the DIN/CE/BS (I'm not sure which) rules changed and forced manufacturers to brace their frames to stop bikes folding up under their riders?

Latest posts

Back