Cycle Craft One-o-five

mtbftw

Retro Newbie
Hi,

friend of mine has this frame for sale, but I can't find much info about it, maybe you could help?

So company is called Cycle Craft and model should be One-o-five or 1.5
large_P4022118.jpg

It looks the same as in this photo but I borrowed it from this gallery (more photos). Owner of gallery wrote it is Tange Ultimate Ultralight tubing and he bought it around 1992. Headset is 1 1/8.

That's pretty much all I know, but not sure that it's tange ultimate ultralight tubes what would make it pretty nice deal, right?

Thanks in advance

Re:

With a name like Cycle Craft it sounds like a shop brand. A shop buys in a few frames from a frame builder and sticks there own decals on it. If this is the case then the interesting bit is who designed and built the frame. Mind you thats just guessing, it might be a very small boutique brand that didn't last the course.

I don't know much about this particular frame, but Cycle Craft is/was a pretty well established German brand. Not sure where they got their frames made, but their full suspension frames had some link to the people currently behind the fairly exclusive German brand Rotwild.

EDIT: This is their current website, with an intro referring to their 80s activities:
http://www.cyclecraft.de/

Re:

Might be worth your while checking out Cycle Craft BMX bikes on the BMXmuseum website, they were an American manufacturer making quality bikes in the 80's and 90's, seeing as the frame is steel and looks like it's got a bit of age to it they could be another possible supplier of this frameset?. Matt

Yes, I'm pretty sure that bike is from the German Cycle Craft. That's also in line with the other images you found on the German forum. It's a pity they don't reply.

PaintedDesert":24mayn3w said:
Yes, I'm pretty sure that bike is from the German Cycle Craft. That's also in line with the other images you found on the German forum. It's a pity they don't reply.

Looks like their mail server is fucked up, I'm receiving error mail messages from server, so no way to contact them.. maybe they aren't even more in business.

I just noticed that dropouts on my frame is without Ritchey logo, as it is in this guy's photos. That's the only different I was able to found and it's not really pleasant one.
What do you think about Tange Ultimate Ultralight tubing? Is it worth keeping? I have quite a bit of bikes and don't know is this one is worth taking a place in garage.

If it really is Tange Ultimate Ultralight, then I'd be tempted to build it up and at least experience the ride. It should be good. What's the weight of the frame?

Back