Play in rear mech ...

enc

Kona Fan
.... can it be sorted ?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVku_2BCu40&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Well Ian it all depends on the state of the wear on the pivot bolt and the body of the mech as i imagine both are fairly well worn so it's a case of taking the bolt out which is easy enough once the mech is removed from the hanger their is a circlip holding the pivot bolt in which just springs off with a flat screw driver then the bolt just pushs out of the mech and should have at least one O ring fitted in a groove which you need to replace ideally unless it looks okay but initially replacing the bolt and the O ring will take some play out of the mech plus i think their is a second hole in the spring tension plate allowing you to add more tension to the mechs pivot bolt mount once the circlip is off but it is fiddly but could be worth the effort of adjusting the spring for extra tension which should help stablise the mech along with a new bolt mate ..

Ian .....

Re:

Those mechs are known for it! got 2 in the shed with the same perished bush.

Unless you can find a donor mech with a good bush,, then it's a case of trying to get the exact spare part. Or look for another tighter mech, even better NOS.

Muddy paw":3q5vk7rl said:
Well Ian it all depends on the state of the wear on the pivot bolt and the body of the mech as i imagine both are fairly well worn so it's a case of taking the bolt out which is easy enough once the mech is removed from the hanger their is a circlip holding the pivot bolt in which just springs off with a flat screw driver then the bolt just pushs out of the mech and should have at least one O ring fitted in a groove which you need to replace ideally unless it looks okay but initially replacing the bolt and the O ring will take some play out of the mech plus i think their is a second hole in the spring tension plate allowing you to add more tension to the mechs pivot bolt mount once the circlip is off but it is fiddly but could be worth the effort of adjusting the spring for extra tension which should help stablise the mech along with a new bolt mate ..

Ian .....

cheers Ian ill have a tinker :D

Re: Re:

marc two tone":2ye6g6t4 said:

Unless you can find a donor mech with a good bush,, then it's a case of trying to get the exact spare part. Or look for another tighter mech, even better NOS.

:( seems to work Ok !?

Re: Re:

marc two tone":1s27wj7b said:

You couldn't let us have one could you mate ? ..

Latest posts

Back