Is sevysa this repairable?

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View

Our shopfitter popped by with a couple of his old bikes today and this was one of them.

some nice parts on this and he would like to keep it going.

IMAG0834_zpsml8v2b94.jpg

problem is it has headtube cracks, one at the top one at the bottom.
can it be repaired? he doesn't mind having it powdercoated after any repairs if theyre possible.

I said no, but what do I know!

IMAG0835_zpsdmhpwycu.jpg

cheers
RBG

Being academically correct, it is repairable. By swapping the tube (like FTW does).
But it is not "cost effective" ;)

Is that a 1994ish Merlin frame? the ones that had the sword decals. Looking at tubes and the details they seem very simmilar.

Re:

I would say technically yes of course .... would i trust it ....errrrr :|

there are lots of companies out there who can repair alloy wheels ... not sure id risk it though.

scroll down this link to see what can be achieved.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cracked-Damag ... 1435296418

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

nah, its a sevysa......merlin :roll:

as far as I can tell, theyre swiss? same importers that brought in the syncros, they all flake when the lacquer gives up and if they crack.... its usually the headtube.

After further checking the headtube, it has a crack at the top and bottom :? Ill pass on the link, may be worth fixing for his own sentimental value but as you say, trustworthy? not likely.

IMAG0826_zps73ew3uof.jpg

IMAG0824_zpsqgii5pk6.jpg

IMAG0831_zpsyomec3j5.jpg

RBG

Back