Pace rear hub

Re:

I have no idea, but can you put up a pic of your Pace rear hub? I've never actually seen one, had a few of the front hubs . But never a rear.

Re:

You can but its a case of clearance dependent on the frame you are using.

Pace listed it as suitable for 8 but I have had problems with big chain/seat stayed bikes as the chain can strike the stays when in the smallest cog

pace6_186.jpg

Re:

As Pete says,clearance will be the main issue.
My Pace rc100 runs this hub with a 7 speed Suntour freewheel and there is not enough room to go 8 speed because of the size of the stays.
May be ok on a steel frame with very skinny stays.

Re: pace hub

Hi thanks for the replays I want this to go on my rc 200 f1 so sounds like it might be a 7 speed thanks Neil

Sorry for the necro-revival post but I have just taken ownership of this rear hub and the bearings are kaput. The freehub is ok - but the bearings themselves need replacing.

Are there any guides on how to do this and more importantly what size replacement cartridge bearings do I need?

Mine will be going on a RC100 F2 so all good.

Re:

Yep, they are 6001. I have a few NOS originals left.

To remove them is a bit violent using a plastic headed mallet to drive them out by the axle, after removing the spacers, while supporting the hub body on a short length of plastic tube. Making an acetal tool is best.

Cheers
Tim

Latest posts

Back