Middleburn RS-1 mystery

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I have just acquired a really tidy Middleburn RS 1 crankset, gorgeous condition aand machine work, but it's weird, as it has what looks like a CD spider i.e 94/58 BCD, the outer BCD is definitely 94, but the granny ring bcd is slightly smaller than 58 and a 58 will not fit.
The Spider looks original and thought it odd as the really early Middleburn chainsets were all 110 or 130 to the best of my knowledge, so what the 'ecks the bcd on the inner then? Anyone?

Re:

Looks like it's MD 56 bcd, apparently Suntour did both 58 and 56 and for some reason 58 became the standard over 56, Anyone got one :oops:

The Pace granny rings usually have both types of holes drilled into them for this purpose. There's a handful on ebay at the moment, but they're a bit dear.

Benandemu":2pv8hqsd said:
The Pace granny rings usually have both types of holes drilled into them for this purpose. There's a handful on ebay at the moment, but they're a bit dear.

These are reversible, for space offset, sadly not 56 bcd, 58 both hole sets. I bought the other granny rings off ebay declared as 56 and they are both 58! Still looking for a 56 granny ring then. :facepalm:

Back