Rocky Mountain ID needed

troje

Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
I'm a bit puzzled with this latest addition to my Rocky fleet :D as I don't know which year it is made.. However there's always the great RetroBike community!

It's a Rocky Mountain Element, so far so good. But what year was this one made? The frame is black and I think it's the original paint. The decals, I don't know if these are original. Then a good indicator is the fact that it both sports a disc tab and rim brake bolts. I don't think there were many years that Rocky frames were equipped with both. I have a 2003 Blizzard that has both disk and rim brake bolts.

Then there's the serial number: EM8223.

Anyone who can shed some light here?

foto%2520%25282%2529.JPG

foto%2520%25281%2529.JPG

foto.JPG%20

It's difficult to say. EM8223 confirms that it's an Element, made in Canada in 1998. 1998 was also the last year when Elements had coil spring shocks. However they weren't fitted with disc tabs until 1999. The decal isn't authentic - it's vaguely similar to 2001 decals, but not the same. And finally I don't think Elements have ever been black.

Perhaps the most likely explanation is that it's a 1998 Element that has had a slightly later rear triangle fitted and a respray?

My '96 Element's frame is black.

al.

Back