Raleigh M-Trax 400 Elite Titanium

tk2233

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone,

I came here because I wanted to find out something about my bike. I bought it many years ago (around 1997 I think), but have not used it at all really, due to other commitments/pursuits. It's a Raleigh M-Trax 400 Titanium Elite (or so it says on the frame) in totally original condition, with Mavic wheels. I only began to suspect that it may be a little on the rare side since I took it to a bicycle shop in Bournemouth so they could give the derailleurs an adjust. Within moments, the shop staff were drooling all over it!

The bike's at home right now, and I'm in Germany, so don't have any detail shots to hand, but here's a tantalising glimpse of it taken during a very recent amble down Bournemouth seafront.

IMG_0194.jpg

Any information about it (maybe with a hint as to how much it may be worth) would be most gratefully received :)

Chris

Looks to the same as a late model non-disc Raleigh Torus.
The frames usually sell for around £200. Very good frames.
I can't see the rest of the parts well enough to comment.
Which shop in Bournemouth was it?

Oh it was just a small corner bicycle shop. I'll take some more photos of it and post here when I get back home (though that won't be for a couple of weeks yet).

Not desperate to sell anyway ... it's just kinda nice to know I've got something a bit unusual, even though I don't 100% appreciate it.

Back