Raleigh Dune Dancer paint matching for touch-up?

Neil

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
For some rather obscure reason, I always had a hankering for a spankering Raleigh Dune Dancer. I remember reading a review of one, in MBUK (I think) BITD - and it wasn't so much that it was gushing (from memory, it got was viewed as a decent, bike, no more, no less), but I thought the name evocative and loved the colour.

I remember a few years back, seeing one at a Centerparcs, and it created that itch - which I suppose I always had, it was just a bit latent, really. It's not like it was some burning need, I already had a decent, mid-range MTB when I read about the Dune Dancer, it was just something about the way it sounded and the way it looked.

So, in true Lester Burnham fashion, I've managed to purchase that elusive bit from yesteryear - I rule - but all due to that dashed decent chap, raidan73 for being the man with the goods.

The frameset is near perfect for my needs - truly an ideal size, and in very decent condition, all told. There's a couple of areas I'd just want to touch-up, mainly there's a small / minor bit of surface rust around some lugs, and at the top of the seat-tube. The colour looks to be remarkably similar to that used on the Raleigh Peak, too.

So has anybody found an ideal, or near-as-damnit colour match for a Dune Dancer?

Back