FAO: Cannondale people

drcarlos

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have a question of the cannondale people on here as it's not a brand I have worked on in the past.
A friend has a 1998 F400 with Rockshox Indy C's fitted (which we all know are a bit poo) and he is quite a large guy and want's to upgrade. So I suggested to him that a set of Z2's would be more in keeping with his size and offer him better performance than the Indy's while not ruining the handling. Now he's just pinged my a pic of the front end after telling me he needs a 230mm Steerer and it has a massive space under the headtube raising the front end by about 25mm! I remembered looking at the catalogue that the F400 was upgradable to the Headshock and I assume that the spacer is there to take up the space the extra travel and gubbins of the headshock would add.
So my question is, if we remove the space can we fit a normal headset and run some 100mm Z1's that he like the look of and is there a special type of headset we need to buy?

Here's a pic of the current front end:

Thanks,

Carl.

T'boo Ted":18knepm7 said:
What about putting a headshock back in there?

It never had one fitted, it was Indy C from the factory, not many head shocks around and we'd also need a new stem as well as the headset. Plus the fact they aren't really much good IMO.

Carl.

Back