Will it work?

reconminicon

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello again Retrowers. I have my eye on a Hope ti bb for my 95 P7. I have already been told it needs a 68 113. But I am wondering if 111mm will do the job? On Middleburn RS7s or will it be too short?
Thx Byron

You are unlikely ever to notice the difference. I run an RS7 on a similar skinny steel frame with 110mm BB. If you have a top swing mech there might be insufficient space for it to engage (but it's unlikely).

It worked fine with a 28.6, top pull, bottom swing. In the end I think you just have to try it out!

My suspicion is that bottom swing mechs can put the cage slightly closer to the seat tube, but I've never bothered to measure it.

If there is any problem at all it will be with getting the chain onto the big ring.

However, if you are using a 31.8 bottom bracket and you place a shim on the opposite side to the chain rings, you will probably be able to get the whole thing to work.

NeilM":1coeq3jg said:
If there is any problem at all it will be with getting the chain onto the big ring.

Eh? :?
If it's a shorter BB (111) the big ring will be closer to the mech than the 113...

Puzzled.

Yea al just try it. Its a Hope ti for £50 so could be an expensive trial, if the lad can get it removed from the frame for me!!!

Back