A2z adaptor mounting HELP!!! and what year is this bike??

naboo

Devout Dirtbag
Hi, ive bought an a2z adaptor for my kona firemountain, the dropouts are not completely flat as there is a slight raised section where the skewer tightens up to the frame, both sides which prevent the mount sitting flush

Will sanding the areas on the frame cause me any issues?, its not much just a bit wary about doing it

Also what year is this firemountain? i have a feeling im not qualified to be talking to you guys!!? cheers

Re: A2z adaptor mounting HELP!!! and what year is this bike?

Your bike is a 2003, I've got no real suggestions for the adapter, short of grinding the raised sections flush with the rest of the dropout, which I wouldn't recommend.

Then again, I also wouldn't recommend putting a rear disc brake on a frame not designed for one.

Cheers thought it was around 2003 but wasn't 100%

I may try and gring the areas on the adaptor rather than the frame if possible

I bought an A2Z for my Kona but decided against using it as it's basically a bodge and not a very nice engineering solution. Also i heard the bracket tends to rotate in reverse (when stopping uphill for example) as it only works properly when the wheel is turning forwards. I went for Maguras instead.

It's seems ok, I sanded the outer dropout but belt sanded the a2z on the inner and it fits well now, heard about the rotating thing, there are 2 threaded holes on the dropout, ill prob just drill 2 holes in the adaptor and bolt it to the frame if I get any issues.

The maguras look good, may look into them for my hahanna

Back