proflex advice please

healthclinic11

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
hi all ive been offerd a proflex 957 frame from a mate i allready own an 857 that im building.the 957 is going to cost peanuts so was wondering is it worth spending the peanuts to upgrade ?
thanks in advance guys :)

Does it come with the carbon swingarm and if so what other bits? Also rear shock, are you able to say if it's good as these often cost more than the bikes worth

Personally I like the 957 and if I could find a very large one I'd have another

sylus":1bgu1vgf said:
Does it come with the carbon swingarm and if so what other bits? Also rear shock, are you able to say if it's good as these often cost more than the bikes worth

Personally I like the 957 and if I could find a very large one I'd have another

well it needs a good clean but looks in good shape rear end is there with piggy back shock.no front end. decals are half worn off
other than shock and some little easton elite stamps on the tubing it looks the same as my 857
so needs a good polish and new decals and building up

If there's any corrosion on the shaft of that shock it's dead, and a lot to repair (has to be sent to the states). If the frame is any size but a small, it's possible to make a conical adaptor and fit an alternative shock, but it's almost as much work as just buying a risse/noleen replacement.

gtRTSdh":2ylaufxr said:
If there's any corrosion on the shaft of that shock it's dead, and a lot to repair (has to be sent to the states). If the frame is any size but a small, it's possible to make a conical adaptor and fit an alternative shock, but it's almost as much work as just buying a risse/noleen replacement.

cheers for the heads up ive just had an adaptor made for my other. so if the shock is no good will put the fox float on for now.
was gonna have a few adaptors made but like you say not that cheap lol all in all for adaptor and shock 85gbp so spose better than buying a new noleen.anyone know if the rides better at all ?

There's not a great deal of difference between the two afaik, all the parts from your 857 should be easily transferred across to the 957 frame.
If you like the 957 and feel like a change then it may be worth a punt, otherwise I'd be inclined to stick with the 857.

jimo746":13ndf8cm said:
There's not a great deal of difference between the two afaik, all the parts from your 857 should be easily transferred across to the 957 frame.
If you like the 957 and feel like a change then it may be worth a punt, otherwise I'd be inclined to stick with the 857.
cheers pal im sort of likeing the chrome to put my anno red parts so 957 it is :cool:

Back